Monday, July 28, 2008

Calling All Athletes...

Athletes and Friends,

As you may know, I’ve moved from the capacity of multisport athlete to coach, and I’m very much loving my job. To that end, I wanted to find a fun and rewarding goal for my athletes—some of them want a party with a race, while others want a race with a party. I settled on the Las Vegas Half Marathon as a site for both! I also wanted to create something affordable while still being personal. I’m creating a training program specific to this race, catered to the needs of the athletes who elect to join this group. The details for this Virtual Training Group are in the next post.

This is entirely a grassroots effort. It is my hope that groups of friends will see this as a great opportunity to meet up in a warmer place while having a goal to keep them honest before the holidays kick into full gear.

Please pass this on to as many people as you think would be interested and gain from the experience. This is time-sensitive, as the race fills very quickly. So tell your girlfriends, guy friends, make some friendly wagers…and I hope to see some of you in Vegas!

1 comment:

The Dunkers said...

Cami...you're such a rock star!